Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Email revenue no longer being tracked in E-commerce view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

I have an e-commerce site linked to Analytics with e-commerce tracking set up. Everything has been reporting flawlessly up until recently. My email campaigns from Mailchimp are reporting normally in my Behavior/Traffic reports but for some reason, any conversions made by Email traffic are no longer being reported (in the Goals/E-Commerce section). Somehow, all conversions are being switched over to Referral instead of email, even though the Email Traffic is still listed as the top source of customer acquisition -- and there has definitely been revenue from them.

Thoughts? Somewhere it seems the link is being broken and GA is thinking they are referrals, instead of traffic driven by emails.

Thanks for your help! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Email revenue no longer being tracked in E-commerce view

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Do you use an external payment gateway? Does that gateway show up in referrers?
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks your reply! We use shopify checkout but that's not showing up as the referrer. When I dig into the Source/Medium item, it deadends at: " www.website.com / referral "

C T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
C T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you resolve this issue? I'm having the exact same concern however my revenue/conversions aren't showing up anywhere for email driven traffic. (MailChimp) I have several brands using mail chimp and several GA properties and views, however only one is having this issue.