Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce traffic source lost due to interrupted session

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I have a problem with the e-commerce data tracking. In a purchase process, when the client is paying for the purchase through an online bank, the ongoing session is interrupted and after returning from the bank, a new session starts. Therefore I have a lot of banks as the sources of successful purchases, and the actual source of this traffic/session is lost. Any ideas on what could be the way to solve this problem? Many thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ecommerce traffic source lost due to interrupted session

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Katrīna,

You need to add the payment processor domains to the referral exclusion list to prevent triggering a new session. Please go to Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Referral Exclusion List.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2795830?hl=en

The referral exclusion list does not work for traffic that is already cookied. So if a returning visitor had a referral source set before you added it to the list and then visits as direct, they will still have that referral source. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital