Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce tracking with separate payment system

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm having trouble understanding a flaw in our ecommerce reporting which I need to address as soon as possible.

We would like to validate ecommerce information at the 'thank you' page level, which, should be easy enough to install.

My big problem at the moment, is that the payment system is a separate domain (Worldpay) where all of the information is entered and then re-directed to our 'thank you' page.

Is there a way that we can make the two systems work together so that I'm able to report on number of completed transactions through our site and the detailed information of cost of product bought so I can have a gauge to report from on GA?

Failing this: if I install the ecommerce code on the 'thank you' page, will the number of conversions be recorded - just without the transaction data?

Cheers!

Ryan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Ideally your receipt page displays the transaction details and you can get the values added to the tracking code using server side scripting or javascript. Please check the document below for examples:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce#booya

You can add the ecommerce tracking code with hardcoded values and generate the transaction id dynamically so it is unique for each transaction. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Arnold. We managed to get it working! Yay.

Now we are facing the trouble of the revenue not showing accurately. It appears to be displaying in both $ instead of £ and is moving the decimal points. 

For example: transaction of £1804, is appearing as $1.80. Not sure how we can get around this - any ideas? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can specify the currency in your view settings.

Can you post a sample transaction tracking code how it appears in the thakyou page source code so I can check the values?

Thanks.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital