AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce tracking not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My e-commerce tracking is not working at all. The code below has been added to all pages and also to the thank you page of our website.

E-commerce tracking has been activated in Analytics but still it does not track transactions.

<script>(function (i, s, o, g, r, a, m) {	i['GoogleAnalyticsObject'] = r;	i[r] = i[r] || function () {	
(i[r].q = i[r].q || []).push(arguments)	}, i[r].l = 1 * new Date();	a = s.createElement(o),	
m = s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];	a.async = 1;	a.src=g;	m.parentNode.insertBefore(a, m)	})
(window, document, 'script', '//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js', 'ga');	
ga('create', 'UA-xxxxxxxx', 'auto');	
ga('require', 'linkid');
ga('require', 'displayfeatures');
ga('require', 'ecommerce');	
ga('send', 'pageview');
</script

Could you please help me by checking out the code?

Thank you very much.

Mika

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you have only completed the first step from below: 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello A T,

Thank you for helping. We are using the same tag structure for other sites too and there it works fine with reporting the e-commerce statistics.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you paste the code for thank you page?

Also confirm with your IT team on all the steps have been implemented?

Re: Ecommerce tracking not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
<script>(function (i, s, o, g, r, a, m) {	i['GoogleAnalyticsObject'] = r;	i[r] = i[r] || function () {	(i[r].q = i[r].q || []).push(arguments)	}, i[r].l = 1 * new Date();	a = s.createElement(o),	m = s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];	a.async = 1;	a.src=g;	m.parentNode.insertBefore(a, m)	})(window, document, 'script', '//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js', 'ga');	
ga('create', 'UA-xxxxxx-xx', 'auto');	
ga('require', 'linkid');
ga('require', 'displayfeatures');
ga('require', 'ecommerce');	ga('send', 'pageview');
</script>

We did several test orders, in the beginning it worked for 2 days but now it's not working anymore.

They say all the steps have been implemented.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The code snippet above only loads the ecommerce tracking features, but do not create and send any transactions.

On your confirmation page you should look for calls to ga('ecommerce:addTransaction') and ga('ecommerce:addItem') containing the actual order items and revenue. If they're not present, then that's what's missing.