Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce data not appearing in views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Bit of a weird situation.

I have setup Tag Manager enabled the datalayer and ecommerce tracking. It worked well in testing and seems to work well in the live environment using the 'All web site data' view. 

The problem i have is with any new 'views'.

No ecommerce data appears at all but the rest of the page tracking works correctly.

Plus I have enabled the ecommerce tracking in the view settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stefan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Stefan, 

Did you setup your GTM so its built-in trigger type “DOM Ready” ? 

Source: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6107169?hl=en 

Additionally, have you used Google Tag Assistant to test if your e-commerce data is firing when you QA your pages? 

Source: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6277313?hl=en

Let me know how your QAing goes! 

Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stefan. Keep in mind when you set up a new view the data isn't retroactive, it will only record data from the time you set up the view forward. So if you set up a new view you will not see any ecommerce data until a new transaction (or add to cart, product view, etc depending on your set up) occurs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh,

I have changed the trigger to Dom Ready but still the same issue.

The weird thing is that the data appears in the 'All web site data' view, but not any of the new views that I have created.

Also Tag Assistant shows that it is working.

I think that I have a setting missing on my GA views, but it isn't the 'Enable eCommerce' one as I definately have that enabled.

Thanks

Stefan 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

I have taken that in to account and also left it a few days.  Still the 'All web site data' view collects but the new views do not.

Thanks

Stefan

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Have you inexplicably created a filter that would remove any incoming e-commerce tracking? 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh,

I did wonder if that was the issue so I removed all but one filter.  Still the same issue.

Today I figured it out.

The filters were looking at a datalayer variable that I have set on each page.  A datalayer variable that I hadn't added to the ecommerce tag!  

5 minutes later and it starts to work.

Thanks

Stefan