Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Transaction Revenue Consistently Over-reporting by 5%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm passing ecommerce data in via the measurement protocol API and am consistently seeing transaction amounts and item amounts over-reported in GA by about 5%. As a quick example, if I create a test transaction of $1, the transaction and item will show as $1.05 in GA reporting.

I've duplicated this issue using the ecommerce hit builder at https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/hit-builder/ as well.

I thought it may be a currency conversion issue, but both the view and the measurement protocol calls are set to USD.

Finally, I tested the API calls by sending them to a totally different account as a test and they did not over-report. It seems like there is some setting in this particular GA account/property/view that is causing the change in revenue.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert R
June

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Solved my own problem, but figured I would leave this post here.

The issue was that on a same day ecommerce report, the reporting was being sampled at about 97%. The sampling was causing all of the transaction amounts to be off by tiny amounts. Interestingly, including an additional day in the report removed the sampled and the revenue numbers showed as correct.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert R
June

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Solved my own problem, but figured I would leave this post here.

The issue was that on a same day ecommerce report, the reporting was being sampled at about 97%. The sampling was causing all of the transaction amounts to be off by tiny amounts. Interestingly, including an additional day in the report removed the sampled and the revenue numbers showed as correct.