Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Tracking - Web Tracking NOT working always

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum, answered by Zorin Radovancevic (RS).

Question: I found that sometimes the Ecommerce Tracking - Web Tracking fails to be sent to Analytics.

The data are sent via ecommerce:send command @ checkout/success.html. I was wondering if there is a mechanicms that bullerproof this procedure so that cannot fail (or reduce the failing at minimum).

Answer: There are numerous reasons why Ecommerce will not trigger / be sent. JS errors / support, tracking optouts, ad blockers / tracking blockers, racing issues and more.

If you want to increase the level of ecommerce tracking accuracy it would be advisable to initially check:

1. the ecommerce tracking code health - placement / value availability
  2. js errors
  3. diferrence goal # / transaction #
  4. values which you pass to analytics where some could break the object - ' or " (usually found in product names / variations)
  5. time zone difference (analytics vs your back office)

Another way would be to send all ecommerce transactions via Measurement protocol (from your back office) - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/reference.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ecommerce Tracking - Web Tracking NOT working always

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
If you have any questions, post them below, or start a new discussion.