AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Tracking Code not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

since some weeks the ecommerce tracking dont work anymore. All the other data, also conversions is tracked correctly. At Analytics it seems that the people exit at the payment page, but we was testing it and went trought the whole order-process. There ware no errors in the Tag-Assistant- and GA-Debug-Extensions. When I record the process in the Tag-Assistant, there is no Conversion-Data in the Analytics-Tab.

Here's the log of the GA-Debug-Extension:

Initializing Google Analytics.
 Loading resource for plugin: ec
 Loading script: "http://www.google-analytics.com/plugins/ua/ec.js"
 Running command: ga("create", "UA-XXX", "auto")
 Creating new tracker: t0
 Auto cookieDomain found: "none"
 Running command: ga("require", "ec")
 Waiting on require of "ec" to be fulfilled.
 Registered new plugin: ga(provide, "render", Function)
 Waiting on require of "ec" to be fulfilled.
 Executing Google Analytics commands.
 Registered new plugin: ga(provide, "ec", Function)
 Plugin "ec" intialized on tracker "t0".
 Running command: ga("set", "anonymizeIp", true)
 Running command: ga("send", "pageview")

Sent beacon:
v=1&_v=j47d&aip=1&a=1466232687&t=pageview&_s=1&dl=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fabgeschlossen&ul=de&de=UTF-8&dt=Transport%20erfolgreich%20gebucht&sd=24-bit&sr=1920x1080&vp=1903x599&je=0&fl=23.0%20r0&_u=SCCAAEIJI~&jid=&cid=459249840.1476792680&tid=UA-XXX&z=583768822

_j1              (&jid) 
 adSenseId        (&a)   1466232687
 anonymizeIp      (&aip) 1
 apiVersion       (&v)   1
 clientId         (&cid) 459249840.1476792680
 encoding         (&de)  UTF-8
 flashVersion     (&fl)  23.0 r0
 hitType          (&t)   pageview
 javaEnabled      (&je)  0
 language         (&ul)  de
 location         (&dl)  http://localhost/abgeschlossen
 screenColors     (&sd)  24-bit
 screenResolution (&sr)  1920x1080
 title            (&dt)  Transport erfolgreich gebucht
 trackingId       (&tid) UA-XXX
 viewportSize     (&vp)  1903x599
 Running command: ga("ec:clear")
 Running command: ga("ec:addProduct", {id: "P12345", name: "Android Warhol T-Shirt", category: "Apparel", brand: "Google", variant: "black", price: 29.21, coupon: "APPARELSALE", quantity: 1})
 Running command: ga("ec:setAction", "checkout", {step: 6, option: "Visa"})
 Running command: ga("ec:clear")
 Running command: ga("ec:addProduct", {id: "P12345", name: "Android Warhol T-Shirt", category: "Apparel", brand: "Google", variant: "black", price: 29.21, coupon: "APPARELSALE", quantity: 1})
 Running command: ga("ec:setAction", "purchase", {id: "T12345", affiliation: "Google Store - Online", revenue: 37.39, tax: 2.85, shipping: 5.34, coupon: "SUMMER2013"})

I replaced the UA Tracking ID with UA-XXX and inserted a sample product data from google's documentation.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Are you sending a hit after adding the product and setting the purchase action?

"Ecommerce data can only be sent with an existing hit, for example a pageview or event. If you use ecommerce commands but do not send any hits, or the hit is sent before the ecommerce command then the ecommerce data will not be sent."

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/enhanced-ecommerce

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh... didn't knew. Now I get some conversion data. Thanks! So I have to send a pageview or event? Is there a overview of hit fireing actions?