Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Tracking Breaking Consistently

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Guys,
I've had a number of clients lately that have had an issue with Google analytics figures mysteriously not being reported after months of working. 

So far its been happening across clients who have different CMS systems, different payment gateways and different analytics set ups.
The only constant I (and colleagues) can find is that analytics has stopped reporting revenue and ecommerce figures.

This leads me to think that there is some form of problem with analytics itself. Have any of you experienced this at all in the last 3-6 months? 
Is there any word officially on why this has been breaking?

Re: Ecommerce Tracking Breaking Consistently

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Patrick,

How are the payment gateways set up? Do they take the user away from the site (for example to pay thru PayPal) and then automatically bring them back to the website? In some cases, there can be data discrepancy if the thank you page doesn't load automatically but requests user to click "go back to website". So the page never loads and the transaction data isn't collected.

That is my thought on this. Would appreciate if you can give a bit more detail, like if this happens for ALL transaction or just some, and if you find that data is disappearing, or just never shows up in the first place.

Regards,
Alex