Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Quantity Correct but Added to Cart Quantity Says 0

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm having trouble with a cross domain ecommerce setup. It looks like revenue and total purchase quantity are correct in Google Analytics, but the "Quantity Added to Cart" keeps showing 0. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I'm not sure if this is caused by an error on the GA side or with the ecommerce variables in the script. The tracking script is set up like so:

ecommerce quantity tag.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Grey Q you would need to clean up the code as you are using a named tracker so for instance all require lines need to be as:

ga('newTracker.require', 'ecommerce');
ga('newTracker.ecommerce:addTransaction' ...

Now to the add to cart question - you are currently using the standard ecommerce.js version which does not support addToCart interactions so please read more here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/enhanced-ecommerce

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your response. On closer inspection, the "Quantity" itself seems to be incorrect. It should represent room nights (this is a hotel website) but shows 0 most of the time (but not all of the time). That's not an enhanced ecommerce feature, is it?

Also, I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by a "named tracker" - is "newTracker" the name I need to use or is that just placeholder text?