AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce GA - adding items duplication and category (not set)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I implemented analytics.js for ecommerce tracking purpose to our website, following the guide here:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce

However I noticed that there has been a problem lately with how items were added to one transaction. It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 10.48.26.png 

It made the report twice the amount of the actual products purchased (I knew this because I used Ecwid as our eCommerce platform and could easily compare the transaction there).

I want to ask if you have any ideas on how or why this happens. There's one other strange thing that this kind of behaviour didn't happen before 7th of March; the date didn't mean anything in specific, we made some changes that day too but nothing related to this function - it just to implicates that it has not always been the case.

Thank you in advanced for all your help.