AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Attribution from Onsite Events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I have a lot of onsite events that I would like to use for attribution within a given time period of the event occurring. e.g. If a user triggers an event and then makes a purchase within 30 days, I would like to attribute the sale accordingly. 

I realise that I can set up segments of users who have experienced these events, and then look at the transactions arising in this segment, but that will only apply for a given session, or all time for a given user, so that's not perfect. And then looking at the attribution in the conversion section, I can't find a way of having events count as attribution 'channels'. 

Am I missing something? What's the best way of setting up attribution from events? 

Thanks, 

Moses