Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Abandonments data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I don't see any data on the 'Shopping Behaviour Anaysis' report in the ecommerce section. I only see number of sessions.

Abandonments_data_missing.png

I switched ON the ecommerce set up including the enhanced.

Can it be because I didn't implement the ecommerce tracking code (using analytics.js)?

Thanks! 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Tal Y,

Enabling ecommerce set up is the one of the first steps for ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics. You need to implement the tracking to be able to collect ecommerce data. This is a little complex topic but please refer to following link for enhanced ecommerce implementation documentation link

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So once I implement correctly the tracking code, all missing data in the 'Shopping Behaviour Anaysis' report including abandonments, will appear?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, when you implement the ecommerce tracking code, it will start to collect data and your reports will start working but there will not be historical data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So the only report that can give historical data on abandonment is the goal flow?

Re: Ecommerce Abandonments data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I checked the goal flow there was an illogical data in the final goal step (Step 4). The number of users is greater then the steps before. How come?

Mobile_USA.png