Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Eccomerce conversion acquistion source is overwritten to direct Big cartel store

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying for almost two months to get a solution for this problem with big cartel and help from the google analytics team with out any solution from both. Neither google or big cartel can tell me what the problem is No GA eccomerce acquisition source is being recorded.

The conversion value is recorded correctly in GA but the source is always direct with 50 transactions. It worked briefly at the start of September.

The url for the store is http://www.bohoboutique.com.au (custom domain). The checkout page happens on the big cartel domain https://checkout.bigcartel.com/(order_id) as far as I can tell the code on this page is correct to link it to the GA account.

The actual payment happens on paypal the user is then returned to the bigcartel order completion page and then to http://www.bohoboutique.com.au

Referral exclusions have been set in the GA admin

bohoboutique.com.au 
checkout.bigcartel.com 
paypal.com

I hope one of you experts can help me. Thanks in advanced

Eccomerce conversion acquistion source is overwritten to direct Big cartel store

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rene,

This is because cross domain is not being set when a user clicks on checkout. He is redirected to big cartel domain which is why original source of traffic is not being recorded.

Hit like if this help Smiley Happy

kind Regards

Noman Karim

Follow us @MarketLytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Big cartel is setting auto linking on the checkout page though, shouldn't that attribute it correctly? 

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-62029407-1', 'auto', {'allowLinker': true});
ga('require', 'linker');
ga('linker:autoLink', ['www.bohoboutique.com.au']);

ga('send', 'pageview', {
'page': '/checkout',
'title': 'Checkout'
});
</script>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Norman

Can you explain what "cross domain" not being set means? There is linker code in the footer on the big cartel checkout page. Shouldn't this combined with the referral exclusion prevent the acquisition source being overwritten?

Thanks

Rene

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rene

Did you get anywhere with this? I've got the same issue.

Thanks

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James

I had this confirmed as a bug by big cartel with the GA integration on there end in November last year. The site hasn't been very active at the moment but I just checked and our most recent sale two weeks ago still shows as direct without correct source attribution.

Just sent a follow up to the big cartel support team to see if there was any progress with this issue. At the time I was told by big cartel that it was low priority as it wasn't affecting many users. I believe that we have been receiving our plan for free currently as it GA integration is something they advertise on there paid plans and without conversion tracking it's really difficult to engage in any marketing activities.

I have linked the support team to this thread so hopefully it increases the priority. If you need this urgently I would probably advise switching to a different platform.

Thanks

Rene 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rene

I agree it's pretty pointless if we can't attribute the sales to activity correctly.

Hopefully it gets sorted as it's a huge gap.

James