AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

E-commerce transactions are sent to Analytics but are missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to ask for help with transactions problems. Our website is powered by CS-cart and we have the original Google Analytics add-on in it. The add-on is set up and is working correctly, but we experience great problems with transactions in GA. Only 30% of all transactions appear in GA reports though we can see in the logs that each transaction is sent. The logs of the transactions that get to GA and those that are missing are the same and we cannot understand why only a small of them appears in the reports.
As you can see in the log, the information about this transaction was sent to GA but it hasn't appeared in the report. That's only one example but the log is the same for all orders...
log-1.png
Has anyone experienced the same problem? Or maybe you have any ideas what can go wrong? We've struggled with this issue for a long time already but without any results =(

Re: E-commerce transactions are sent to Analytics but are missing

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

What will the log capture if the user has opted out from tracking?

Also are the reports being sampled?

As that could be a reason some transactions are not being shown in GA.

Best Regards,
A.T.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Re: E-commerce transactions are sent to Analytics but are missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There're no situations when the user opts out from tracking, if I understand you question correctly) In our add-on each time the user submits the order he is redirected to Paypal - and depending on his actions the information is sent to GA by the add-on. On my screen the user paid the order and the information about status change was sent (as you can see from the screenshot). There are situations in which the change of the order status is not sent (these are captured by the log too), but when the order is submited and paid it's always been sent. We've also added to our log the GA replies to see if there are any mistakes in accepting - but I can't understand anything in this replies except for the fact that they are similar in the orders that have appeared in GA and those that haven't... The other issue that may be connected with this - in the previous month 4 times the report was missing completely. It means that in the morning the report is present, in the afternoon - it looks like we don't have e-commerce enabled (it's stated in GA - This report requires e-commerce tracking to be set up for the view) and then in the evening the report is again present. And it happens randomly - no changes are made to the website before or after the error occurs...It looks like some bug but we don't even know where to search for it...The cs-cart support ensured us that their add-on is working correctly, and our programmist check it himself too (and created this log that also shows that the information is sent). We simply don't what to do next to make the things right and get full Analytics...