Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

E-commerce tracking not showing up in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Recently e-commerce data has vanished from 3 of our clients accounts. There is tracking in place using google tagmanager and was being tracked perfectly fine before. However, when I went to check the data this month, all e-commerce data had gone, even from previous months. 

The e-commerce setting is turned on in GA.

Thank you in advanced for your help

Kind regards 

Tom

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: E-commerce tracking not showing up in Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

1. I don't think there are any current issues with GA and ecommerce reporting. I've got access to a range of GA accounts, and don't see any change in the reporting of ecommerce.

2. What is the account set-up? Are these 3 separate GA accounts, or 3 websites tracked within the same property - using the same code? If you've, for example, got the same code on all sites (implemented via GTM) then a problem with the tracking code could be the explanation.

3. Are you sure you're looking at the right reporting views?

4. Are the websites using the same ecommerce payment platform - if it's the same then this could be the issue

5. Have any changes been made to the sites which could have, for example, removed or changed the thankyou page (or whatever triggers the transaction)?

6. Does the back-end of the websites confirm that transactions have been made, but not tracked?

Investigating the above should help you identify the problem...let me know if you need more help.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.