AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

E-commerce conversions: AdWords & Analytics data not lining up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Pretty new to AdWords and Analytics. Have a campaign going in AdWords, and it seems to be tracking conversions just fine. A "conversion" is completing the "Peek Bookings" (a third-party website where the customer completes the sale) as shown below:

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.04.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.00.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.00.53 PM.png

I have E-Commerce Conversions enabled in Google Analytics, and it does in fact seem to be tracking conversions -- the same "Peek Bookings" as referenced above:Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.01.57 PM.png

HOWEVER, when running AdWords reports within Analytics, it shows zero conversions coming from the AdWords campaign:Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.01.20 PM.png

I don't know where the disconnect is! Why aren't AdWords conversions showing up in Analytics reports? Thanks in advance for your help!

E-commerce conversions: AdWords & Analytics data not lining up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sean,

On your last screenshot in the table to the right, it says "Conversions: eCommerce" in the header. Change eCommerce to one of the goals you created before.

eCommerce by default comes from Analytics as part of eCommerce tracking (such as in Woocommerce, Magento, Shopify, or custom) so it will show 0 if that specifically is not set. Your other goals can be sorted.