Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

E-Commerce transactions missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all, 
I installed E-Commerce tracking through Tag Manager for one of my clients. However some transactions are not shown in Google Analytics E-Commerce Transactions. We think that around 40% is missing. It seems like some visitors do not reach the order confirmation page. Might there be an auto-return problem with some payment providers we use?
It's a Magento webshop. Does anyone experienced this before?
Or might there a problem in the way we installed E-Commerce tracking?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: E-Commerce transactions missing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Foss B,

First of all I would recommend to make sure that you have placed code on all pages. Even if you are using magento which has some advantaged compared to websites which are not using any CMS, you still may have such problem. Try to search pages which don't cotain tracking code.

Also please make sure that your code in a right place - if your visitor is closing the page very quickly code may not have enough time to fire. It happends quite often but usually it can account less than 20% of transaction. In your case you don't see 40%.

You may want to use Google Analytics Debugger or other external debugging tools.

Let me know if it will solve your problem. If not, there are few other things that I can recommend to check.

Cheers,
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: E-Commerce transactions missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your reply. I checked Google Analytics Debugger. Now it seems that the client's web developer installed 2 GTM snippets. I never saw that before. Could that be the problem?
I 'm also not sure if it's implemented in the right place. Is it possible you take a look at the client's website?
Like to hear from you.

Marloes
Buro Foss (Netherlands)