2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing setup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, all!

I have google tag manager snippet implemented on my site. I have 3 dimensions in my google analytics. I need to send to google analyticsthe values of this 3 dimensions. I set the ecomm_prodid which has index 1, and saw it set through chrome plugin tag assistant/ But I doubt whether i've done it properly, cause I have the data layer empty. Can enshure me, or say what i should do or what i have to pass to data layer to setup dynamic remarketing properly on any event or just on product page view.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing setup

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hello Грач А, hope you are doing great.

If you are implementing Dynamic Remarketing using GTM, I would recommend to take this article as a reference https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6106009?hl=en&rd=1

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Dynamic Remarketing setup

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

Alexey sent the work procedure for adwords tag setup so if you are using Analytics dynamic remarketing setup you need to provide the values for the required variables so these can be sent as custom dimension values with a hit (event, pageview) to Google Analytics.

Creating the CD in GA admin is the first step yet you still need to send the value.

So for instance your dataLayer should pass:
dataLayer.push({'ecomm_prodid':'12345xyz'});

Create a datalayer variable inside GTM and use it in the pageview tag.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net