Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Does going to subdomain count as bounce ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am wondering that if going from domain www.example.com to www.en.example.com cost the landing page a bounce ? Is bouncing rate considering this ?

Cheers 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does going to subdomain count as bounce ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Zakir, how are things?

Some of the things that counts for Bounce Rate are site interactions and also the number of pages visited after the first page. If the user visited 'example.com' didn't click anywhere and simply went to "en.example.com", the 'example.com' would have a high bounce rate.

More about bounce rate here:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009409?hl=en

Also, it's interesting to read from Exit Rate:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2525491?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I now know that its counted as bounce rate. So what can i do to avoid it ? Is there any way? or just i have to live with it ?

Cheers

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
You need to analyse your page intention and content. If your page is just something that will provide the user with what they want and they will leave, like a download or something, this page will have high bounce rate by default. This is not wrong, is just the "moment" of the page.

Now, if you have a blog, a company site or this kind of stuff where it make sense for the user to hang around for a while and you have high bounce rate, there's something wrong, and you need to check a few things:

- What kind of people I'm bringing to my website? Are they my target?
- If they're, why are they leaving? Aren't they finding what they are looking for? Is there something missing? I'm delivering on the page the same that I'm advertising on other media channels?
- My website is easy navigable? The layout is something that scare people or make them stay? Do user feel comfortable with my website layout, or is it tricky and hard to use?

All of those things counts

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click