Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Does a user have to visit ONLY the pages in my Goal Funnel to count as a completion?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If I have a funnel with pages like:

1 > 2 > 3 > 4

(where 4 is the goal pageview)

And the user visits 1 >4, does that count as a completion?

If I have NOT required step 1, then if they visit 2 > 4, does that count as a completion?

If they visit

2 > 10 > 12> 4  does that count as a Completion?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author MrAnalogy
February 2017

Does a user have to visit ONLY the pages in my Goal Funnel to count as a completion?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
In the above examples.. all will count as completions.
A goal will only report as a conversion once during the same session.

In the non funnel goal reports.. anytime someone completes step 4 it will count as a completion

In the funnel report.. and this only applies to the goal funnel report, if you have the first step

checked as being required, then only those visitors that complete step 1 will show as a completion

in the goal funnel. 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author MrAnalogy
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
In the above examples.. all will count as completions.
A goal will only report as a conversion once during the same session.

In the non funnel goal reports.. anytime someone completes step 4 it will count as a completion

In the funnel report.. and this only applies to the goal funnel report, if you have the first step

checked as being required, then only those visitors that complete step 1 will show as a completion

in the goal funnel. 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here