Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Do the activities performed before and after a user is identified attribute to one user?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm integrating Google Analytics through Segment.com. A user is identified with an ID if he/she signs up with an email. In Google Analytics, do the activities performed before and after a user is identified attribute to one user? I need to attribute these activities to one user to see their behavior flow (i.e. what's the initial interaction, what's the second interaction, third, etc). 

Re: Do the activities performed before and after a user is identified attribute to one user?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes it does.
Go to Audience>User Explorer. The first couple of users should have multiple sessions, right?
Cheers

Re: Do the activities performed before and after a user is identified attribute to one user?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if Google Analytics treats it as 2
users or merge to one user. Mixpanel merges user activity if 'alias' method
is called using Segment. Google Analytics doesn't accept the alias call
from Segment, so I'm wondering does that mean it treats as 2 different
users (1. anonymous, unidentified user 2. Identified user with userId)

--
Amy G

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact and other information information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
GA should recognise the same user again.
But maybe this entry helps?
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123662?hl=en