AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Do event based goals still have URL info with them?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am working on a site that sends GA events whenever lead forms are filled out (some of the forms are AJAX and don't generate a new pageview).

I'm trying to figure out if I need to go to all the work of creating a separate goal for each lead form, or if I should just create one goal for "lead form filled out". There are a whole bunch of forms, and I don't want to use up all my goal slots on just lead forms.

My issue/question in regards to the latter option is:

If I were to make just ONE goal (e.g., "Lead Form Submitted"), can I still somehow drill down to find out which form was used to generate the lead? With pageviews it's easy because you can see the goal URL, but is there a goal URL shown with event type goals too?

Thanks! If someone has another option/recommendation in terms of how to structure these goals I would be very grateful too. Robot wink

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do event based goals still have URL info with them?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Drew,

the event goal still carries on the page where the goal was completed - you can query for dimension Goal Completion Location for a more granular approach.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net