Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Do event based goals still have URL info with them?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am working on a site that sends GA events whenever lead forms are filled out (some of the forms are AJAX and don't generate a new pageview).

I'm trying to figure out if I need to go to all the work of creating a separate goal for each lead form, or if I should just create one goal for "lead form filled out". There are a whole bunch of forms, and I don't want to use up all my goal slots on just lead forms.

My issue/question in regards to the latter option is:

If I were to make just ONE goal (e.g., "Lead Form Submitted"), can I still somehow drill down to find out which form was used to generate the lead? With pageviews it's easy because you can see the goal URL, but is there a goal URL shown with event type goals too?

Thanks! If someone has another option/recommendation in terms of how to structure these goals I would be very grateful too. Robot wink

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do event based goals still have URL info with them?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Drew,

the event goal still carries on the page where the goal was completed - you can query for dimension Goal Completion Location for a more granular approach.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net