AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Do I need to setup AdWords Conversion Tracking & Remarketing in Google Tag Manager after switching?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi there,

I've recently setup Google Tag Manager for my website (just the universal analytics code for now and cross-domain tracking) but had a question about AdWords conversion tracking and Remarketing. I had those setup on the site previously, so do I also need to get those both setup as tags within GTM (I know that's the point of GTM really), or can I continue to have them existing on the site in the meantime?

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt T
January 2017

Do I need to setup AdWords Conversion Tracking & Remarketing in Google Tag Manager after switching?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

You can continue to have them existing on your site, it's not a problem. You can do that later on as well if you'd like to have all the tags implemented within GTM. You only need to enable Display Advertising Features for your universal analytics tracking tag to use remarketing:

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 02.13.48.png

Here you can read more about different benefits of GTM.

Hope this helps.

Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt T
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

You can continue to have them existing on your site, it's not a problem. You can do that later on as well if you'd like to have all the tags implemented within GTM. You only need to enable Display Advertising Features for your universal analytics tracking tag to use remarketing:

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 02.13.48.png

Here you can read more about different benefits of GTM.

Hope this helps.

Taavi