AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Do I need CRM or can I find the information in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I have a question regarding tracking our conversions which in our case are filled Contact us Forms. The client would like to assign a monetary value to each conversion. It means they would like to know if the conversion (sent contact us form) turns into a lead or not. In our case lead means that the user turns into a patient (buys a treatment through a rep). Is there a way how to track this in Google Analytics or do we need a CRM tool?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can't use Google Analytics to store personal information so stick with your CRM.

You can however keep a lead submission ID in GA and match that with CRM exports.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien, 

Many thanks for your reply. 

The client doesn't have any CRM at the moment. I have no experience with CRM, ok so once they have CRM they would be able to assign a monetary value from CRM back to GA? Thank you

Re: Do I need CRM or can I find the information in Google Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In that case you would assign conversion value through a goal (set arbitrary value for each conversion), event value or even eCommerce transaction revenue amount. Like I said, the key is to pass the lead ID as a custom dimension (for instance) so that it can be found in GA an d be linked back to your CRM.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan