Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Do I need CRM or can I find the information in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I have a question regarding tracking our conversions which in our case are filled Contact us Forms. The client would like to assign a monetary value to each conversion. It means they would like to know if the conversion (sent contact us form) turns into a lead or not. In our case lead means that the user turns into a patient (buys a treatment through a rep). Is there a way how to track this in Google Analytics or do we need a CRM tool?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can't use Google Analytics to store personal information so stick with your CRM.

You can however keep a lead submission ID in GA and match that with CRM exports.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien, 

Many thanks for your reply. 

The client doesn't have any CRM at the moment. I have no experience with CRM, ok so once they have CRM they would be able to assign a monetary value from CRM back to GA? Thank you

Re: Do I need CRM or can I find the information in Google Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In that case you would assign conversion value through a goal (set arbitrary value for each conversion), event value or even eCommerce transaction revenue amount. Like I said, the key is to pass the lead ID as a custom dimension (for instance) so that it can be found in GA an d be linked back to your CRM.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan