AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Do Goal Completions represent unique visitors?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Under Acquisition,  Source/Medium, I can see the number of goal completions. 

What happens if same visitor makes 2 orders? will it count as 1 or 2 completions? and in what kind of report can I get the data to know what was unique, or to know whether multiple conversions happened by same user? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do Goal Completions represent unique visitors?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jay,

Only one goal completion can happen per session. So if a user fills out three lead gen forms that have the same thank you page or are captured under the same goal, then only one goal completion is recognized.

If it's critical to get an accurate count (this really depends on your business) then you should consider using ecommerce to track your submissions / transactions as each transaction/lead submission would be captured. .

More on classic ecommerce here:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce#overview

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn