Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy in the number of goal completions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Could someone please tell me why the number of goal completion for my Goal 4 is shown as 33 in my funnel visualization, whilst it is indicated as 130 on my drop-down list (same goes for Conversions>Goals>Overview)? The numbers match perfectly for my other goals.

Any thoughts why? And how can I fix this?

Thank you,

Aya

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 12.07.23 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aya I
February 2016

Re: Discrepancy in the number of goal completions

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Probably it's because you mark a first step as required in funnel configuration.

"The required first step applies only to the Funnel Visualization report. When you mark a first step as required, the Funnel Visualization report only includes goal conversions that pass through that required step. Other sessions are just dropped from the report."
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2976313?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aya I
February 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Probably it's because you mark a first step as required in funnel configuration.

"The required first step applies only to the Funnel Visualization report. When you mark a first step as required, the Funnel Visualization report only includes goal conversions that pass through that required step. Other sessions are just dropped from the report."
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2976313?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That explains. Thank you Tomas for your prompt response.