Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy Between Analytics and Developer Console

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

An issue I'm getting is that the number of users for my app in Google Analytics and the current and total installs in Developer are significantly off. The tracking code is correct. The SDK is linked to our iOS version too. Do you know why there is such a discrepancy?

Going forward, when I want to communicate how many people have our app, which number should I use? When trying to communicate how many times someone has ever installed our app, which number should I use?

Re: Discrepancy Between Analytics and Developer Console

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I don't have an answer for you but you are not alone I have seen this question a few times in forums.
hope someone can jump in with a good answer for you.
i'd like to find out too

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am struggling with this issue right now.  

For iOS, I don't have this issue.  I find that if I add downloads for a particular month (1F from App Store Reports) and add in the re-downloads (3F from App Store Reports), these numbers compare closely with the new users to the app.   

However, for our Android app, I am seeking to figure out why the Daily Device Installs (from the Google Developer Console data) is significantly LOWER than new users.   In a world where the Google Play Store was the only source of installs, shouldn't new users be equal to or slightly less than daily device installs?  (If 100% of users opt in to GA tracking, new users should be slightly less than daily device installs....to account for those who might download the app but not open it.  Otherwise new users should match daily device installs.   Yes?)

My daily new users number is significantly higher than the daily device installs from the Google Play Store.   And when I look at the GA UI in the Acquisition-App Marketplace section, the additional installs from other app stores only explains about 1/3 of this discrepancy.

What is it that I am missing?  What don't I understand?  Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Facing the same issue. 

Installs shown in the Google play store dashboard are 15% lower than the actual Android users coming everyday on the App. I have a couple of ideas, but have not been able to validate any of them:

1. APK installs - The installs may not be happening through playstore but through an APK made available by free services. Am not sure, how to track this.

2. Reinstalls by same users - given our current volume this seems unlikely

Compared the data country wise and saw the biggest discrepancy from South-East Asian region downloads. Maybe Google is doing some optimisation for lower bandwidth or lower end models here and not explicitly counting these downloads. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm facing the same issue. Were  you able to find which is the correct one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭