Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Different Data for Two Properties

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone,

We recently implemented Enhanced Ecommerce, using a new property to do so. 

However, I am seeing discrepancies between the data being reported for each property e.g. transactions, revenue

Do you know if this is unavoidable?

Our dev suggested the following potential reasons:

• Users could be blocking one type of GA and not the other.
  • Users navigate away from the page before all analytics are sent. (We're sending several different analytics, some might happen immediately whereas others might happen a few milliseconds later. So if the user navigates away before all analytics are sent, the later ones will get skipped.)
  • Minor hiccups on receivers end. (We don't try to resend if there's an issue.)
  • And possibly other crazy or unknown issues.

Cheers,

Sam

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam G
August 2016

Re: Different Data for Two Properties

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You are sending the same information to multiple properties? Most likely user leaving before all is sent is the probable cause. If you can't or don't want to try to make your data collection more efficient then you might want to consider adding overlay to the thank you page that says "Your order is being processed" or similar and define waiting time so that everything gets sent.

I have no idea how to block different GA "flavors"
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Antti,

I assume this is the likely cause.

Do you know how to implement Enhanced Ecommerce on the same property without losing all historic data?

Is it simply creating a new view and only turning the setting on for that view?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes I believe so.

Assuming your property is Universal Analytics kind and of course all the necessary code in place.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.