AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Determining The Location Of A Customer?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am planning on creating a micro job website not unlike fiverr with sellers and buyers from around the world. (I will probably use the Microjob Engine Theme). As a Canadian I need to know the location (region and/or city) of buyers so I can properly remit the sales tax to the Canadian Government. Does Google Universal Analytics or some other Google product enable me to determine the location of buyers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David T
August 2016

Re: Determining The Location Of A Customer?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,
Yes numbers of actual purchase will shown for each location. You don't have to count number of purchase for each location. Google Universal Analytics.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

The minimum you can track about user location is the city level. GA will show you where the users are located on the map, you can filter by continent, country, region and city. For viewing the location navigate to Audience >> Geo >> Location in your GA account.

If my answer helped you let me know by giving a star
Cheers
Noman Karim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the reply. Will it show the numbers of actual purchasers for each location rather than just visitors to my website? Do I have to count the number of purchasers for each location? Are you referring to Google Analytics or Google Universal Analytics?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David T
August 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,
Yes numbers of actual purchase will shown for each location. You don't have to count number of purchase for each location. Google Universal Analytics.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
hi David,

if you want to track the number of transactions in a particular region, you will have to setup e-commerce in your analytics account, and i hope you have done it already. so, for viewing the transactions in a specific region navigate to Acquisition >> All Traffic >> Source/Medium. From the top menu in the reports click other and select region as shown in the screenshot. http://take.ms/sodlm

next from the conversion column select ecommerce and you will see the number of transactions and revenue by specific region. http://take.ms/iY5Z4

Hope this helps
cheers