Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Destination goal not tracking in wix website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm having quite a struggle with implementing GA goals. I've set up several goals on different websites: destination goals and duration goals. The duration goals are working fine and I'm tracking goal conversions on this. The destination goals are not tracking any conversions, but they should because some people filled out our contact forms.

Can it be a problem that I build the website in Wix, and that because of this GA isn't tracking any destination goals?

The way I filled out the goal now:

Matches exactly: http://www.kiiwimi.nl/#!bedankt/ublvx

Value: none

Funnel: none

Kind regards,

Jelco

Re: Destination goal not tracking in wix website

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
As I see your URL, your URL has # symbol. As you know, Google will ignore everything after that symbol. Maybe, it is the the reason Smiley Very Happy
Besides, if you use the destination goals, please do not use your full Url. For example: If you want to track your page like abc.com/tracking-goal.html, you should only write /tracking-goal.html to the box.

P/S: Have you used Funnel? Maybe, it affect your results.

It's my opinion Smiley Very Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer!

Is there a workaround to let google know to ignore the # symbol?
There is no possibility to delete this symbol in the URL as it is specified by WIX. I also tried to use the shortened URL but this also didn't work.

I did not use a funnel so this shouldn't be the problem Smiley Wink

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anyone who does know a solution to this or a workaround?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I know when submitting pages in Search Console for Fetch as Google, we have to replace the "#!" portion of the url with this: ?_escaped_fragment_=
If I don't change that, it doesn't fetch or render properly. Perhaps that could be the same issue for you? Just an idea.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jelco v
June 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I found a soultion: We had to add the / in front of the complete URL to track the goals. So /http://www.domain.com......

Destination goal not tracking in wix website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey just wanted to confirm with you.. Where do we need to add "backslash /" in front of the URL? Is it under Goals setup page in Google analytics?  Please let me know, I'm facing the same issue...