AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL unique views and Goal conversions don't match

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm tracking orders placed. Once payment is made, a virtual url is triggered. For my goal, I've set this URL as the destination URL. I do see conversion on the goal but not as expected. 

If I look under Behaviour > Site Content > All Pages for the virtual url, I see 10 unique page views. However, I see only 5 goal conversions for the same virtual URL.

Since this URL is triggered only on payment and cannot be triggered with a refresh, I'm not sure why I am not seeing 10 goal conversions.

Re: Destination URL unique views and Goal conversions don't match

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ruchika,

Did you check that your virtual pageview is only fired on purchase?
Change your goal to matches Regex instead of an exact match or begins with.

Also, view data starting from the next day of virtual pageview and goals setup.

please follow own google+ Analytics FAQ community to learn more about GA queries
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100140026864685295841

Hope this helps

Noman karim

Re: Destination URL unique views and Goal conversions don't match

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Noman,

Thanks for replying. Yes, checked on the virtual pageview. It's being triggered only after purchase is successful.
I'll try changing it to a Regex.
One question; is it right to assume that the goal conversions should be the same as the unique pageviews of the URL?