AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL goal data different from Site Content (All Pages) data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have an issue with a destination URL goal tracking.

The number of goal completions is different from the number of page views (and unique page views) shown in the Site Content / All pages report and it alters the data in my customized reports.

The correct number is the one from the Content report (I know that because each time someone visits that page, it receives a voucher that I see in the site admin). 

1. Do you know how could I modify the goal so that it shows the correct data? (now I use Destination equals to /action/label)

2. If there's no solution (I hope this is not the case), do you know another way that I can correctly track the number of users who have visited such a page?

PS The page that I track is a 3 seconds redirect page (maybe this information is relevant).

Thank you,

Catalina.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nali_lina
March

Re: Destination URL goal data different from Site Content (All Pages) data

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Data collection happens at a hit level.
So if the hit got sent to GA all reports that contain that hit should show it.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

How different are the numbers?
A few goals missing or huge difference?

Is the URL of the goal always /action/label or can there also be some parameters in the URL?
Have you tried switching to begins with?

You could try implementing ecommerce for that page.
Since the ecommerce hit is a different hit (and can be achieved multiple times per session) it might be more accurate than the goals.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mihai,

Thank you for your reply.

The difference is somewhere around 30% (less goal completions than page views).
There aren't any parameters, but I'll try switching to Begins with.

I thought that maybe the page loading speed may be the issue (it's about 9 second in GA and the redirect page is active for 3-4 seconds), but then why would the Page view numbers be correct? Is the data collection of the goals different from the data collection of the general reports?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nali_lina
March

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Data collection happens at a hit level.
So if the hit got sent to GA all reports that contain that hit should show it.