Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Destination Goals - How to only count the first hit when for confirmation pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I want to track conversions based on someone landing on a confirmation page. Each confirmation page is unique to a person, however someone can access their confirmation page multiple times. How do I create the goal so it only takes the first hit for each confirmation page?

Destination Goals - How to only count the first hit when for confirmation pages.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Google Analytics Goals fire once per session per goal.

Goals function as counters and once a particular goal has fired, that's it for the remainder of that user's session. A user can trigger all 10 goals in a session but each goal will only be captured once. So even if a user submits your specific email subscription form offering free PDF file 10 times in one session, that goal will only fire once. That's right, once.

Another example: You have defined goal X (registration form completion) as a goal conversion. A user comes to your site once and registers 10 users (reach to your confirmation page 10 times) during one session then still 1 conversion will be recorded in Google Analytics. That's how GA works. That's why e-commerce stores use Transactions.

Just tried to clarify this a bit.

Hope this helps.

Taavi

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, @Taavi Kalvi,

Seems like my post was misleading.

You're right

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

-- i've deleted my posts to avoid misunderstanding ---

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

No problem @Дмитро Б. That's why we have this community here to share knowledge and learn from each other. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Taavi