AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Destination Goal underreporting by about 50% (compared to pageviews report)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi-

I set up a destination goal last week called "Video viewed" that's set up as a destination goal defined as anytime someone hits a URL that begins with "/video". It's not case-sensitive.

I'm finding that the goal is being underreported by about 50% when I compare it to the pageviews report for URLs that begin with "/video". I can't for the life of me figure out why. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Katie M
May 2016

Re: Destination Goal underreporting by about 50% (compared to pageviews report)

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Katie,
goal are counted 1 time for sessions. Example if user see a page twice in one session, you will have 2 page view but a single conversion.

if you look at the metric unique page view for the url connected to the goal, conversione and unique page view has to be equal, or near to equal.
Regards
Fil

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Katie M
May 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Katie,
goal are counted 1 time for sessions. Example if user see a page twice in one session, you will have 2 page view but a single conversion.

if you look at the metric unique page view for the url connected to the goal, conversione and unique page view has to be equal, or near to equal.
Regards
Fil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah thanks. Was hoping this wasn't the issue, but I guess I'll have to go another route.