Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Destination Goal not tracked

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! I'm a total newbie at GA and been trying to set up goals for the first time for my page.

I set up the Destination goal, it seemed like a super straightforward process, but it seems that the goal isn't getting tracked as I see no reports in Conversions --> Goals in GA. Should I have set some kind of an additional goal tracking, did I miss a step in the process?

Would super appreciate if you could help with advice!

Cheers,

Olga

PS. Here's the screenshot of my goal setup:

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 12.16.50.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Olga,

No additional goal set up required except above. are you sure that no extension is used in 'thank-you' page url. e.g /thank-you.php or /thank-you.htm etc lf not then above setting should work and if there is any extension use exactly.

or use contains instead of equals to in destination.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. Have you used the 'Verify this Goal' link on the page? 

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Since you set the goal up have you had any reported sessions for that page? It may be setup correctly, but you just don't have any views of that page yet.

Tom

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Couple of things to try:

1. use exactly the same /thank-you string and search for this in the page report (behaviour>all pages). Do you see it there? Or does it either have additional parameters or not appear at all?

2. Visit the page yourself and see what appears in the real time reports - you should see a goal conversion appear.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.