Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Definition of Display within Default Channel Groupings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand what all of the channels mean in the Default Channeling Grouping except Display. Can anyone describe this to me other than in the actual definition (medium matches regex or ad distribution network exactly matches content)? I am still not clear on what types of visits are being accounted for within the category of display.

Direct-Got it.

Organic-Got it

Referral- Got it

Other- Got it

Social- Got it

Display- No Clue :-(

I appreciate your willingness to help!

Katie 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Katie G
March 2016

Re: Definition of Display within Default Channel Groupings

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Display are visits from banner advertising on other sites generally if you are running banner image ads through the Google Display Network
some people think they are not but have 'search and display' selected in their adwords account and so actually are.

hope that helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Katie G
March 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Display are visits from banner advertising on other sites generally if you are running banner image ads through the Google Display Network
some people think they are not but have 'search and display' selected in their adwords account and so actually are.

hope that helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, David! This clears up my confusion.
Katie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a question about the Direct Channel. If I type some words in my URL address line and then select one of the suggestions that appear, is that categorized as Direct or Organic?