AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Date And City Primary View

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I would like to be able to view my site primarily by City and Date the site was viewed. I am getting a lot of O/seas traffic for my Aus site and i would like to break it down to remove the the other traffic and focus on the cities. 

For example, I do a Snail Mail Brochure Drop in Brisbane and i want to see if it drove any traffic to my site, i cant seem to figure out how to only look at the date range in the particular city i am marketing. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Date And City Primary View

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
IN the Audience-Geo-Location report, click on City, then click on the City of interest to view just that city. On the Secondary Dimension button, select Acquisition - Source/Medium.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great, Do you then know how to view date within specific date ranges?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Either you can add a secondary dimnesion for date

OR

Create a custom report with required fields.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Choose "Date" as a secondary dimension in Geo > Location report.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
If you have already used the Secondary Dimension as I suggested, then in the Geo report, look above the map for the words 'Map Overlay' and click the word 'Explorer' -- that will display the day-by-day Sessions for the date range in the top chart. Hove the mouse over any date on the chart for a count.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.