Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Date And City Primary View

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I would like to be able to view my site primarily by City and Date the site was viewed. I am getting a lot of O/seas traffic for my Aus site and i would like to break it down to remove the the other traffic and focus on the cities. 

For example, I do a Snail Mail Brochure Drop in Brisbane and i want to see if it drove any traffic to my site, i cant seem to figure out how to only look at the date range in the particular city i am marketing. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Date And City Primary View

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
IN the Audience-Geo-Location report, click on City, then click on the City of interest to view just that city. On the Secondary Dimension button, select Acquisition - Source/Medium.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great, Do you then know how to view date within specific date ranges?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Either you can add a secondary dimnesion for date

OR

Create a custom report with required fields.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Choose "Date" as a secondary dimension in Geo > Location report.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
If you have already used the Secondary Dimension as I suggested, then in the Geo report, look above the map for the words 'Map Overlay' and click the word 'Explorer' -- that will display the day-by-day Sessions for the date range in the top chart. Hove the mouse over any date on the chart for a count.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.