Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Data discrepancies between AdWords and Analytics (using 360)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When I look at the Adwords>Campaign report in Analytics I see Goal 4, or Finish Checkout.

This goal is manually set up to trigger when a user visits any page that is Equal to "checkout/finish".

Which is only one of the two pages the client has identified as the pages we want to track to measure success.

In adwords we are seeing two (or more) urls triggering a conversion, but only one other page is considered a "success" by them, and it's: /completeCheckout/index

They are using 360 and GTM and may have code on the site that is causing the other pages to trigger as a completion.

I'm thinking I need to simply add another goal in Analytics to capture/ "completeCheckout/index" users, but the client disagrees and is testing different goals using regex.

Please advise.

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 9.27.59 AM.pngAdwords:Tools:Conversions:Webpages

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Zachary, 

Can you clarify further? It sounds like your AdWords conversion pixel is triggering on URLs that are not meant to be conversion page. If so, fix the triggers your GTM. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Data discrepancies between AdWords and Analytics (using 360)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The real question I guess is this: if I add a new goal to capture the 2nd
url as described, will there still be a discrepancy.

GTM has been corrected,so what is showing in Adwords is right.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Still not sure I understand the question Zachary but in general i recommend multiple goals if you have multiple types of "achievements". Why? Because a goal can only be counted once in a single session, so if you use RegEx to include multiple destination URLs and someone arrives at multiple destination/completion URLs then it will be only counted once. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’