Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Custom alert for number of views to certain pages containing URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to receive and alert any time one of the pages on my site receives a certain number of page-views. This alert would only be triggered if the certain page that receives the number of page views contains a certain part of the URL. 

Here's the background: I'm tracking a page on my site that has a PHP "?id=..." in the URL, so this URL changes depending on the ID of a variable, and can have 1000's of possible URL's. I need to know if any one of these receives a certain number of page views or more in a day. 

Is it possible to create a goal, or filter, or custom alert for this in Google Analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom alert for number of views to certain pages containing URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

a custom alert type

test.gif

should do the job.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will this send you an alert with the specific page that triggered the alert, or will it just say generally that a page that matches that condition had over 100 pageviews?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Josh,

The latter - the alert will state that some page of this kind had more than 100 PVs.

Set up a corresponding custom report containing this filter and save it as a shortcut to easily answer which page triggered the alert whenever you need it.

Christoph