AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Campaign Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long does it take for data to show up for a custom campaign? I've had several clicks from an instagram ad through to my site using the url parameter but the Acquisition>Campaign Tab isnt showing any new campaigns.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Campaign Tracking

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Will,

It may take up to 24 hours however usually it should take about 4h.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Just for clarity, when you say URL parameter, do you mean utm tracking? If so, have you checked if the landing page recorded visits for this campaign?

Could it be that utm tracking is being stripped? A way to check that is if the campaign landing page recorded increased visits for direct or Instagram as Referral in the period.

Have you checked if utm tracking was implemented correctly?

Have you tested yourself by clicking on the ad and checking in GA?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes im referring to utm tracking.

Facebook/instagram is showing clicks through to the site using a utm url but the campaign is not showing up in GA.

Sent from my iPhone

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Will,

Could you post an exemplary link that you use in your campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, the campaigns show up, but now no data in the ecommerce columns are tracking.

I have ecommerce set up through Big Cartel, and it works properly in the Conversions>Ecommerce tab, buttheres no actual GA ecommerce code on the site.