AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Cross domain tracking not working for IE and Edge

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have managed to get Google Analytics eCommerce tracking working for our website and a 3rd party secure domain, that processes our transactions.  This is my code snippet;

<script>

(function (i, s, o, g, r, a, m) {
            i['GoogleAnalyticsObject'] = r; i[r] = i[r] || function () {
                (i[r].q = i[r].q || []).push(arguments)
            }, i[r].l = 1 * new Date(); a = s.createElement(o),
            m = s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0]; a.async = 1; a.src=g; m.parentNode.insertBefore(a, m)
        })(window, document, 'script', 'https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js', 'ga');

ga('create', 'UA-12345678-5', 'auto', 'ecommerceTracker', { 'allowLinker': true });
        ga('ecommerceTracker.require', 'linker');
        ga('ecommerceTracker.linker:autoLink', ['securedomain.com'], false, true);
        ga('ecommerceTracker.send', 'pageview');

ga('ecommerceTracker.require', 'ecommerce');

</script>

I've tested on Chrome, Firefox on Windows 10, and Chrome, Firefox and Safari on Mac, and all transactions are being recorded correctly, and are being tagged under the correct utm_source.

However, on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, all transactions are showing as direct / none.  Any ideas why this is and how to overcome this problem.

Cross domain tracking not working for IE and Edge

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Neil, did you ever found the solution for this issue? I'm seeing the same problem...