Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Cross domain Ad impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community,

Problem: I have a well visited blog, let's say myblog.com. And I just created a new shop, let's say myshop.com. I want to place ads on myblog.com for products that can be purchased on myshop.com. To evaluate which ads and ad-positions run well and result in purchases, I want to add also the number of ad impressions (on my blog) to the GA property of myshop.com. Based on that I can calculate also CTR and CPO and have all the KPIs at one place. Now I could implement cross-domain tracking and just track an event 'ad-display' and then create a custom report like that:

analytics_hack.png

However: If I understand correctly every ad-impression event on myblog.com will also start a new session, thus the number of sessionsusers, bounce rate etc for myshop.com would be completely distorted. 

Question: What options do I have to solve above problem? Filters and Views? Specific cross-domain set-up? I've read a ton of material but am not sure, how to set it up without ruining my data. Any help appreciated!

Cross domain Ad impressions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is the question maybe unclear, in wrong forum or simply too difficult to answer? Thought it would be pretty common usecase but can not find an explanation to it..