Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Cross Domain track and Goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

We have successfully implemented cross domain tracking (and added a filter to see full URL's in our reports) between our main website and our site where we send our job applicants. I would like to setup destination-based goals in our main site's analytics property.

My questions is this... According to the instructions, when you setup the destination URL you strip off the www.mysite.com and input everything after as the destination. Does this still hold true even when you have implemented cross domain tracking?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cross Domain track and Goals

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Stacy B,

If you have filters to include the full hostname, then your goal configuration for the same view will also need to be configured as such to include the hostname as well.

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Dimension 'Page' : The pages visited, listed by URI.

The URI is the portion of a page's URL following the domain name; for example, the URI portion of www.example.com/contact.html is /contact.html.

So it won't have the hostname.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much! I will give that a try!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the answers, fellas. I have now setup the goals both ways with and without the full hostname and when I click on verify this goal, it is showing a 0% conversion rate even though I can see that the destination goal page has been reached 19 times in the last couple of days.

Any thoughts as to why? If the page is showing up in my "All Pages" report, shouldn't the goal show conversions?

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Stacy B,

That Verify button is a bit misleading in that in order for it not to be 0, it needs to have some previous conversions already processed. Since you just modified the goal, you may not see anything other than a 0%. Note that you won't see conversions in your standard reports for about 24 hours while the data gets processed. However, if you do see the conversions in Real-Time, then it should be working.

Best success to you.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I have a clarification regarding cross domain tracking

From a new microsite with a different domain name Visitors would land on my main domain.

I have GTM on my main domain and i have updated the cross domain variable to include the new microsite domain name and all the allowlinker is set to true and it is firing on all pages.

Now on my microsite i have added the below tags

ga('create', 'UA-xxxxxxxx-x', 'auto', {'allowLinker': true});
ga('require', 'linker');
ga('linker:autoLink', ['main domain name alone] );

I could see the _ga=1.98408732.2092043187.14556416 getting appended when visitors from microsite land on my main site. However in Goals i dont see the microsite data (which is step 1) and all i see is the main domain data (Which is step 2 & Step 3)

Any help ?