Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Creating funnels with GA Events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a whole bunch of GA events that I've set up and I want to create funnels based on these events. I know GA currently only supports destination URLs. I've also read about virtual pageviews however I don't want to inflate the pageview numbers because of this.

Are there any other ways to create and track a full conversion funnel using GA events?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating funnels with GA Events

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alaister L,

There's no way to create a funnel based on events, so you may need to reconsider using VPVs. How many VPVs would you be creating, and would they be considered enough to drastically (and adversely) affect your pageview reports? You could always set up a filter in another view that removes the VPVs.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Nicky Y. I really don't want to use the VPV solution.
Do you or anyone know of any third party tools that integrate with GA which will allow me to create funnels based on events triggered?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
HI Alaister, I'm not aware of any 3rd party solutions that would create goals out of events (not to say that there aren't any that do this; I just don't know about any).
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alaister, have you checked the standard event flow report inside GA? While not a goal funnel exactly, it still gives you a good picture on the most common event paths users take on your site. You can also do some filtering by highlighting traffic flow through specific events.

Creating funnels with GA Events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, you can build funnel with this beta tool https://marketolog.in/ga-funnel-eng/