Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Created Segments but no data is populating for the segments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to have a dashboard that shows the overall visitors and then how many visitors we have to each area of our website in a side by side comparison.

However, while the "all users" is populating, none of the other segments are showing any traffic.  I made sure to visit all the pages yesterday to rule out the fact that maybe no one did visit the pages yet. Any help would be appreciated!

Below is a sample of how I setup the Segments.

Segment 1:

Filter: Users Include

Page starts with http://website.page1.com

Segment 2:

Filter: Users Include

Page starts with http://website.page2.com

segments not populating.pngscreenshot of dashboard

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrea E
March 2016

Re: Created Segments but no data is populating for the segments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrea,

firstly, the 'Page' dimension doesn't contain the domain name unless set up accordingly. Refer to your pages and filters and segments as they are given in the page report.

Christoph

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrea E
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrea,

firstly, the 'Page' dimension doesn't contain the domain name unless set up accordingly. Refer to your pages and filters and segments as they are given in the page report.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Christoph,

thanks for your feedback. I updated my segments to not include the domain name, however I ran into an issue where one of the website pages doesn't have anything other than the domain name. I noticed that you said "Page dimension doesn't contain the domain name unless set up accordingly". Where can I find out more information about how to setup a page dimension with domain name? I couldn't find anything in the Google Analytics Help section, but maybe I wasn't using the correct key words.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Andrea,

With sub-domain and cross-domain tracking you always need a view filter that adds the domain name in front of page URL [1] in order to be able to distinguish pages with the same page URL, for example the homepages.

Christoph

[1] https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en#Next

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Christoph,

I actually ended up using "Page Title" instead of Page, and that appears to be working. I really appreciate your feedback and help in the matter.