Analytics
6K members online now
6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Create a custom dimension on multichannel funnel (MCF)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am assessing the capabilities of Google Analytics for attribution modelling purpose using the multichannel funnel engine. To do so, I would like to merge unique users on cross-device using a bag of words algorithm on the localisation of different sessions. My problem is that I would need to retrieve a unique User-ID using the multichannel funnel engine, on its API if possible. I know this can easily be done on the core ga engine, but the mcf engine does not seem to offer this flexibility. Is there a way around this? The multichannel funnel is of no use if it cannot merge users on cross-device with some unique user code such as User-ID. 

Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Create a custom dimension on multichannel funnel (MCF)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Tancrede F,

If you leverage GA's built in User ID view you get MCF reporting cross device by default but only provides the data in aggregate. If you want user pathing you'd have to do that analysis out side of GA. Currently there is no other way to elegantly do what you are trying to achieve.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn