Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Counting convs: AdWords vs Goals vs Top Path vs Assisted Conv

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Here's an example:

• In a single day my AdWords counts 6 conv.
  • my goals report in GA counts 4,
  • my top conv. report counts 4(thats including google / cpc -> direct) ((x2 is two conversions right?))
  • and my assisted conv. report counts 3 Assisted Conversions and 3 Last Click or Direct Conversions. 
  1. So it seems that AdWords is counting assisted conv. as conversions
  2. But why is my top path report only reporting 4 in total (2 direct and 2 assists?) 
  3. Ideally I'd like to use the Top Conv. Path report to count conversions since it most accurately helps me understand conv. but it looks like on multiple occasions its missing conversions that the reports are counting. Thoughts?
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joshua R
December 2015

Re: Counting convs: AdWords vs Goals vs Top Path vs Assisted Conv

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
1. Yes AdWords is usually set with a look back window of 30 days adjustable up to 90 days etc. and if AdWords is involved in the pathway within that period then it gets the conversion attribution
2. Top Conv Path page in GA has its own settings at the top of page o left that will change the conversions measured/attributed e.g.Conversion, Path Length, Look back window, Type
3. 'missing conversions' likely settings as per 2.
Should you use Top Path as primary place to view conversions? no I don't think so.
Really depends on what action you plan to take.
The Acquisitions Channel table is great but it is last click.
If you want attribution considered (and you seem to and you should) then play with the settings in Attribution> Model Comparison
that's the very last report on the left nav column and it is awesome.

NB: this link has a great answer and explanation of different attribution models of GA and AdW - has a table view that's easy to get, and has a long written description that spells out many scenarios.: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joshua R
December 2015

Re: Counting convs: AdWords vs Goals vs Top Path vs Assisted Conv

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
1. Yes AdWords is usually set with a look back window of 30 days adjustable up to 90 days etc. and if AdWords is involved in the pathway within that period then it gets the conversion attribution
2. Top Conv Path page in GA has its own settings at the top of page o left that will change the conversions measured/attributed e.g.Conversion, Path Length, Look back window, Type
3. 'missing conversions' likely settings as per 2.
Should you use Top Path as primary place to view conversions? no I don't think so.
Really depends on what action you plan to take.
The Acquisitions Channel table is great but it is last click.
If you want attribution considered (and you seem to and you should) then play with the settings in Attribution> Model Comparison
that's the very last report on the left nav column and it is awesome.

NB: this link has a great answer and explanation of different attribution models of GA and AdW - has a table view that's easy to get, and has a long written description that spells out many scenarios.: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond