Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Count pageviews even if segment exclude event with pageviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a commerce transaction event and it works flawlessly. I compare the number of purchases with the DB everyday and they are even.

So I decided to track abandon rate based on the number of users that clicks on [session contain event 'buy now'] and [transaction per session > 0] segment. This way I should be able to track users that intend to buy but got lost during process.

The problem is: my commerce transaction is triggered (using Tag Manager) when the js recognizes the URL 'checkout/show'.

When this segment is applied, it completely removes transaction data (witch is expected), but Analytics keeps tracking pageviews on 'checkout/show'. How is that possible? My application prevents users from accessing this page/url outside purchase flow. In other words, for the user to see this page, he must complete a transaction.

Can anybody give some idea about whats going on?

GA keeps tracking pageviews on /checkout/show

even though the filter removing transactions is applied

Thanks,

Rodrigo Vitulli

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Count pageviews even if segment exclude event with pageviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rodrigo,

put your /checkout/show page into the Navigation-Summary report aand look for any paths to or from that page that don't involve an actual transaction. Also check if sessions for some reasons start here.

If your funnel steps aren't visible as actual page views it's difficult to assess. In that case, you may consider to add virtual page views via GTM for each step, analogously to your funnel-step event tracking for path analysis.

Christoph