Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Conversions using Paypal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

Sorry probably a silly question but, all my conversions in analytics are reported as being through Paypal. Now obviously this is because when completing a transaction on my ecommerce store, they are pushed out to paypal and then back again, so the conversion source goes down as paypal. Is there a way I can find the ACTUAL source of the customer who purchased?

Thanks,

Rich

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rich S
March 2016

Re: Conversions using Paypal

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rich,

You need to add paypal.com to the referral exclusion list in Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Referral Exclusion List. New users will have the correct traffic sources however returning users who have paypal set as they source and they return as direct visitors will still have paypal as the source until they reach the campaign timeout set in Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Session Settings. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rich S
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rich,

You need to add paypal.com to the referral exclusion list in Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Referral Exclusion List. New users will have the correct traffic sources however returning users who have paypal set as they source and they return as direct visitors will still have paypal as the source until they reach the campaign timeout set in Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info -> Session Settings. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fantastic thank you so much Arnold!

Conversions using Paypal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold

Sorry for dragging up this reply from last year, we are also having the Paypal Referer issue and have already tried excluding Paypal.com.... I have read that this doesn;t always work, do you have any other advise on how we can resolve?

Thanks

Rob